Known for quality, compassionate care, O’Connor Hospital is a nationally recognized, 358-bed acute care facility offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty programs to more than 1 million residents of San Jose. O’Connor Hospital was founded in 1889 as one of the first hospitals in Santa Clara County. Whether for the birth of a baby or a life-saving surgery, our reputation for medical excellence, superior skill and advanced technology precedes us.
The County of Santa Clara owns and operates a Hospitals and Clinics Delivery System that includes Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, O’Connor Hospital, and St. Louise Regional Hospital. The hospitals and clinics are operated by the County under a consolidated license from the California Department of Public Health. The Hospitals and Clinics Delivery System is part of the broader County of Santa Clara Health System.
Our Recent Awards and Recognition
- The Joint Commission Hospital National Quality Approval and Accreditation
- The Joint Commission “Centers of Excellence” for Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Wound Care and Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- The Joint Commission Certification as a Chest Pain Center
- Commission on Cancer® of the American College of Surgeons - Accreditation of Cancer Care Program
- Designated Blue Distinction® Center for Knee Hip Replacement Programs from Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Designated Blue Distinction® Center for Cardiac Care from Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll-Elite Plus
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society Certification of Wound Care Clinic/Hyperbaric Department
- Level III Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation accreditation for cardiac rehabilitation program
Our team of dedicated employees, physicians, and volunteers works hard every day to meet our mission to put patients first in everything we do. Participating in food and clothing drives and community events throughout the year, O’Connor takes pride in caring for our community. We know that higher levels of employee engagement come from compassionate leadership, so we strive to be authentic, present, hold everyone accountable, lead with integrity, and show empathy every day in our workplace. We encourage a fun work environment that celebrates achievements and supports one another, with patient care as our number one priority. Our patients often mention they feel like family at O’Connor and that is what keeps them coming back.
- Provide excellent and compassionate care in a respectful manner to everyone.
- Demonstrate integrity by being open, honest, reliable, and dedicated to our mission.
- Respect the individuals we work with, the people we serve, and the communities of Santa Clara County.
- Value learning and strive for continual improvement based on what we learn, individually and as an organization.
- Are accountable for our performance, decisions, and actions.
- Strive for excellence in all we do.
Effective January 1, 2019, in an effort to “improve the transparency of hospital charges”, the Center for Medicare Services (CMS) has mandated that all facilities participating in the Medicare and Medicaid programs “make public a list of their standard charges” via the internet [CMS-1694-F].
Santa Clara County Health and Hospital System (SCVHHS), at O'Connor Hospital, gladly support this effort and is therefore providing this information to our patients by posting our price files for both facility and professional charges on this site.
The Price File, also known as the Charge Description Master (CDM) consists of a list of charges related to all services including supplies, devices, vaccines, radiopharmaceuticals, and room accommodation charge codes for inpatients and outpatients of O'Connor Hospital.
The current price file for O'Connor Hospital, the Hospital Billing (HB) Price File contains all facility related charges.
This Price File constitutes the Charge Description Master (CDM) at SCVHHS.
The Price File contains the following elements:
- Charge Number – A unique identifier within the system for each chargeable item.
- Charge Description – A brief description of the service
- CPT® (Current Procedural Terminology) or HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) Code – This is a nationally recognized alphanumeric code utilized by the insurance industry and government payors to identify a particular service or item.
- Unit Charge – The gross dollar amount charged for each item to the account
Variable prices may be present for services such as Reference Lab testing, implanted devices, and items/services governed by other contracted rates. These prices may not be available for listing in the CDM since billed charges are based upon the charges invoiced by the contractor to O'Connor Hospital at the time the service is provided.
Pharmaceutical prices listed are acquisition cost based. These costs may vary depending upon many factors such as date purchased and supplier. The patient may, therefore, see multiple prices for what appears to be the same medication. In practice, depending upon the dosage ordered by the provider, a patient may see multiple units of a single medication listed on a claim. The total of these units represents the total dosage provided to the patient. Due to these variances, we recommend that our patients contact the O'Connor Hospital Pharmacy department directly for the most accurate estimate based upon the providers medication orders.
Individual departments within O'Connor Hospital may generate charges through an electronic charge or order communication system. Most charging information for a patient admission or encounter originates from the CDM. The charges, charge descriptions, and all codes attached to a line item in the CDM, flow through electronic systems to Patient Business Services (PBS), where corresponding claims are generated. The claims may be edited before submission to the appropriate payors based upon contractual terms.
The total charges listed for a particular encounter or admission may not necessarily represent the total payment expected by O'Connor Hospital. The expected payment amount will vary based upon contractual arrangements between O'Connor Hospital and various payors, the insurance plan in which the patient is enrolled and other special programs for which the patient may apply and be found eligible for.
Should a patient require financial assistance or advice, they are encouraged to contact a Financial Counselor at (866) 967-4677 for direction.
Visit and Procedure Estimate
Should a patient wish to obtain an estimate of charges for a visit or procedure, they are encouraged to contact the Revenue Integrity Unit at (408) 885-6884 or via email at HHSCDM@hhs.sccgov.org for assistance.
CPT Codes © 2018 American Medical Association, use of this site denotes acceptance of below terms and conditions.
CPT codes, descriptions, and material only are copyright 2018 American Medical Association (AMA). All Rights Reserved. No fee schedules, basic units, relative values or related listings are included in CPT. AMA does not directly or indirectly practice medicine or dispense medical services. AMA assumes no liability for data contained or not contained here in. CPT is a trademark of the American Medical Association.
Current Dental Terminology copyright © 2018 American Dental Association. All rights reserved.
O’Connor Hospital offers a multitude of health education classes, resources and programs to help you live well, be well and stay well.
- Living Well Community Classes that cover a broad spectrum of health and wellness subjects.
- Support groups that are free and open to the public.
- Our Health Benefits Resource Center, a one-stop information and referral service.
- Our Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- Preoperative educational classes for patients scheduled for, or those who are considering, joint replacement or spinal surgery.