Since 1989, St. Louise Regional Hospital has been caring for the residents in Santa Clara and San Benito Counties by offering a wide range of high-quality inpatient and outpatient medical specialties. St. Louise has 93 beds, is a Designated Primary Stroke Center, and is the only acute care hospital in the area. Located in Gilroy, St. Louise is one of the largest employers in the community and we are particularly proud of our virtually flawless Joint Commission inspections. Whether for maternity care, surgery or a medical emergency, the hospital’s reputation for quality, compassionate care is renowned in the region. St. Louise is proud to operate the De Paul Health Center in Morgan Hill featuring Urgent Care, Breast Care and medical office suites.
Our employees are our most important resource and are committed to making a difference in the lives of our patients who come from the whole community. We know that higher levels of employee engagement come from compassionate leadership, so we take pride in being authentic, present, holding everyone accountable, leading with integrity, and showing empathy. We work hard but have fun by purposefully celebrating achievements regularly and by volunteering in the community often. We are proud of our family atmosphere where everyone looks up, smiles and says “hello” to all passersby. Our volunteer team is an important component of our positive culture with over 160 members who gave 13,500 hours of service this past year.
The County of Santa Clara strives to provide you and your family with programs, tools, and resources to help you and your family enjoy a balanced and healthy life.
We’re committed to building a healthy community—one person at a time. But health is more than just getting the care you need. It’s about getting and staying healthy in all areas of your life. Our programs can help you do just that.
View Employee Benefits page for more information on programs.
- Medical - Provides annual checkups, screenings, urgent care services, hospital visits, prescriptions, and much more
- Dental - Brightens your smile, keeps your mouth healthy, and treats any dental issues
- Vision - Helps you see better!
- Bonus Waiver - Gives you the option to receive a taxable increase in gross wages by waiving the County’s medical coverage
- Health FSA
Life and Financial Benefits
No matter what financial goals you’ve set, we offer plans to help you get there. Together, they create a powerful way for you to protect your income, pay for expenses, and invest in your future.
- Dependent Care - Helps you pay for dependent care expenses so you can work and/or for certain expenses not covered by your health plan
- Life Insurance - Protects you and your family from financial woes caused by death or disability
- AD&D Insurance - Protects you and your family in unforeseen event
Time Away from Work
Sometimes you’ll need time away from work to be with family, attend to a medical condition, take a dream vacation, or just recharge. We’ve got you covered.
- Paid time off - Generous vacation days so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid sick leave
- Gym Discounts - Helps you get fit, manage weight, eat well, and take care of yourself
- Employee Discounts
- VTA Eco Pass - Transportation support for a stress-free commute
We offer competitive programs to help define and build on your financial goals and give you peace of mind as you plan for your future.
- Deferred Comp
- Retiree Medical Coverage - County pays for medical coverage after employee completes 15 years of service