Geriatric Behavioral Health
Seton Medical Center offers a 20-bed licensed, geriatric psychiatry unit that serves the needs of older individuals with acute psychiatric illnesses, providing multi-disciplinary services for voluntary and involuntary patients.
Our dedicated and experienced psychiatric team is comprised of a medical director, geriatric psychiatrists, internal medicine specialists, neuropsychologists, clinical social workers, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, recreational therapists, registered dietitians and nurses, all of whom care deeply about their work and their patients.
We provide psychiatric evaluation, stabilization and medication management for our patients, along with a full array of therapeutic programs and services. Our goal is to enable our patients to successfully function and return to their families and communities.
Seton’s geriatric behavioral program includes:
- Private and semi-private rooms tailored to patients’ individual needs, comfort and safety
- The ability to meet the majority of medical needs, if necessary
- On-staff internal medicine specialists
- Rehabilitation services as needed, including physical, occupational and speech therapy services
- Daily interaction with the psychiatric team
- A daily treatment schedule that provides therapeutic and purposeful activities to promote safety, stabilization, psychosocial and medical interventions that result in discharge to a less intensive level of care
- Assistance with discharge planning, community resources, psycho-education, group therapy, and post-discharge follow up, all provided by our licensed clinical social workers
For admission criteria and referral information, please view the Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit resource sheet.
Seton Medical Center
1900 Sullivan Avenue, 8th Floor
Daly City, CA 94015