Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
When a serious illness or injury makes it difficult for you or your loved one to carry out everyday functions, the experts at our skilled nursing facility (SNF) are here to help. We tailor treatments, therapies and support to keep your recovery on track while preparing you for a safe return to everyday activities.
Our services include:
- Breathing support: When weak or injured lungs can no longer meet the body’s needs, breathing support can help. This treatment works by delivering a steady flow of oxygen through a mask or tube we place at the bottom of your nose.
- Intravenous (IV) fluids and medication: An IV line uses a needle and hollow tubes to deliver fluids and medication directly into the bloodstream. Receiving IV fluids helps avoid complications such as dehydration if you or your loved one are having difficulty taking in fluids by mouth.
- Tube feeding: If a medical condition is making it difficult to take food by mouth or the stomach cannot handle solid food, we help you or your loved one maintain good nutrition through tube feedings. Tube feedings deliver special formulas of nutrients, sugar and minerals directly to the stomach with the help of a special tube.
- Rehabilitation services: We offer a range of therapies to help you or your loved one regain the highest possible level of everyday functioning.
- Physical therapy:This treatment includes special exercises that relieve discomfort while helping you regain your strength and increase your ability to move about (mobility).
- Speech therapy:Our team of speech-language pathologists works with you one-on-one to overcome problems with speech, language, communication and swallowing disorders.
- Occupational therapy: We help you regain your independence by teaching you how to perform everyday tasks, such as eating and getting dressed, with the help of special tools or techniques.
- Support: Our social workers help make life easier for you during and after your care. We get to know you so we can provide the specific services you need, giving you the best possible chance for success. We will help secure support services such as emotional counseling. We can also assist you with health insurance if you do not have any. Learn more about financial assistance.
Visiting the SNF at Seton
We make every effort to help you stay connected to your loved one during a stay in our skilled nursing facility. Our goal is to assure our patients’ comfort and well-being at all times, which is why we ask that visitors observe the following guidelines:
- Plan on coming only during visiting hours, which are from 10:30 AM to 8:30 PM.
- Limit the number of visitors to 4 people at a time.
- Know that we may ask visitors to step out of the room if our nurses need to care for you or your loved one. Visitors may wait in the waiting area next to the elevators.
Contact us at (650) 991-6898 to learn more about the services we offer or to make an appointment.